Thursday 9 March 2017

Bearing Good Fruit

I am the vine (tree); you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

The trunk of the tree is Jesus
The branches of the tree are Christians
The fruits of the Spirit are:
Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control
True good works are done:
By God’s people
With God’s heart
For God’s glory

The above Bible verse is a promise of God that states we will bear fruit if we are in Christ. The students and I have examined over the past couple of weeks during chapel. This week I shared the words below the Bible verse to help us remember the promise, but also why we produce fruit. I like the graphic because if you use your imagination you can see a tree, but more importantly, I love the last three lines because I/we need the constant reminder that we are bearing fruit for our Lord. It is for His purposes not ours. It is for His glory not ours. We are called to do good works His way not ours. With the life giving strength of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, we are able to bear that good fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment