Thursday 18 February 2016

Making the School a Beautiful Place

Two weeks ago, three boys came to me with a concern that was burning on their hearts.  They stated with great solemnity that I needed to come and see something.  These boys lead me to their classroom and asked me to look underneath a couple of tables.  Under these tables was the ugliness of graffiti.  It filled my heart with joy that these young students were deeply bothered by this blight.  They had no part in creating the graffiti, but they knew that they did not want it to be a part of their classroom and their school.  I challenged these boys further by giving them the responsibility to clean it up.  They took up this task with great eagerness.  They gave up recess time to sand off and paint over the graffiti, which creates a clean slate.  They were actively involved in restoring their classroom and their school to a place of beauty.  Restoring things to the way they should be.  They lived out the restorative work of the kingdom of God.  They demonstrated what it means to be a follower and disciple of Christ.  Thanks boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment