Tuesday 12 August 2014

Painting Day - An Example of Community

Today the school was again filled with volunteers.  This time they were painting the foyer and the library shelving.  I subtitled this this blog as an example of community because this day was a perfect example of community.  One of the hallmarks of a community is that it comes together for a common purpose.  I have had to send out many requests for help during the summer and two things always cross my mind as I send out these requests.  First, are people getting tired of me asking for help since I am the new guy and asking for help has been the bulk of my communications with the supporting community?  Secondly, what happens if no one responds?   Today, after worrying that no one was going to show up, a large group of joyful volunteers arrived and completed a fantastic amount of work towards completing our renovation project.  They eased both of my worries and once again demonstrated why this school, Community Christian School, has the word community in a prominent spot in its name.  









No comments:

Post a Comment